Today’s accelerating technology can be overwhelming! Sometimes you just need to slow down, unplug, and relax. This is where The Zentangle Method comes in. Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, the founders of Zentangle, define it as “…an easy to learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.”
If you can draw a dot, a line, a circle, an S, and a C you have all the skills you need to practice the Zentangle Method. It is that simple! In Zentangle you focus on the process, not the outcome. The Zentangle Method is a practice (think Yoga), and it is a tool to increase mindfulness, improve focus and creativity, relieve stress, inspire problem solving and new ideas.
Zentangle is a practice that is truly about the journey more than the destination. Your journey is one of focus and creativity. Your destination is both a beautiful image created from structured patterns and an increased sense of well-being. Zentangle is:
- A path to discovering or rediscovering your artistic talents (Yes, you are an artist!).
- A deliberative practice – time to just “be” – with yourself and your Zentangle practice
- A technique to enhance your other works (drawing, painting, jewelry, pottery, etc.).
Zentangle was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is enjoyed all over the world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages. No artistic experience required!
Learn foundational skills in the INTRODUCTION TO ZENTANGLE class. This class is a prerequisite for Beyond Basics Classes where you will continue to master your foundational skills as well as Zentangle Inspired Art (ZIA) classes and workshops.
In the INTRODUCTION TO ZENTANGLE class we will cover:
- History and philosophy of Zentangle
- Orientation to the simple tools used
- Learning and applying basic tangle patterns and techniques
- Thinking about next steps.
- 2-1/2 hours of instruction
- Tool kit – all materials needed to complete the workshop. The kit contains all tools required to participate in the class and can be taken home.
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Brenda Campbell is a Certified Zentangle Teacher, trained by Rick Roberts & Maria Thomas, the founders of Zentangle, in Providence, Rhode Island USA.
Brenda owns Angel Whispers Art and teaches The Zentangle Method in her home studio located in King’s Ranch Estates in Hereford AZ. In addition to teaching Zentangle, studio classes include a variety of art mediums to include painting and paper crafting.