You’ve completed the Introduction to Zentangle®Class and you’re asking, “Now what?”. There are so many ways to answer this question, and a great next step is to take one of the “Beyond Basics”classes. TranZending – Layering the Zentangle Way is one of those classes.
TranZending. It sounds exotic. What is it? It’s layering, layering the Zentangle® Way. Artists use layering all the time to transform their work and Zentangle is no exception! Adding a layer to your Zentangle tile can change it completely!
We like to say, “There’re NO MISTAKES in Zentangle!” Consider adding a layer on top of a rogue line, you know the ones; they like to go where THEY want, NOT where YOU want them to! The new layer can make those rogue lines disappear!
Or maybe you aren’t thrilled with one area of your tile. Adding a new layer can be just what it needs!
TRANZENDING – LAYERING THE ZENTANGLE WAY – COVERING:
- 3 techniques to add layers and the effects of each on your tile.
- Shading techniques for Tranzending
- You’ll learn new tangles and/or gain practice, and perhaps a new perspective for drawing familiar ones.
- 2 – 2.5 hours of instruction and play
- Bijou tiles for each tangle I teach (Use it for a mono-tangle for your Tangle Index or just for play!
- Extra tiles for practicing at home.
- A new tool, a pen perhaps. It varies so it’ll be a surprise!
You must complete a basic or introductory level Zentangle class prior to this “Beyond Basics”class.
WHAT TO BRING?
Bring the basic toolkit (pen, pencil, & tortillion) you received in your introductory class.